Baumstahl Furniture by Eric Prada; Custom Handmade Artisan Audio Furniture
Baumstahl – German for Tree/Steel.
Started in a hay barn in the Sangre De Cristo mountains, artisan/builder Erik Prada aspired to creating pieces of furniture that were timeless in their beauty and durability. Works are made of solid hard woods, steel, concrete and stone.
Audio Furniture can be custom made to any specifications.
Price varies depending on exact specifications.
All custom sizes. These pictured are $2,000.00 for gear rack and $1,500.00 for speaker stands/pr.
All Sound Anchors stands are built to order. Please call for specifications and pricing.
GOOD BETTER BEST
How to Order Your Quadraspire Rack
Quadraspire is a modular equipment racking system, therefore racks of various sizes and configurations can be built, much like Legos. Many parts are interchangeable within a series of products, i.e. SV/SVT products and Q4/Q4Evo products. In addition, your rack can be upgraded to higher levels of sonic performance. This guide will show you how to build a basic rack and demonstrate the modular concept.
Modular Equipment Racks
‣ innovative lightweight, rigid bamboo X-frame isolates component shelf from vibration and microphonics, and improves the dissipation of energy away from the components
‣ X-frame is coated with Nextel for superior damping without adding mass
‣ SVT shelf is decoupled from X-frame with 50mm adjustable phosphor bronze spike and cap assembly and brass collars
‣ each frame/shelf level is tunable using optional metal spike locators
‣ spike locators impact tonal balance, speed and texture, making them useful for balancing the sound of each individual component in the system
‣ each level includes:
(1) Nextel-coated bamboo X frame (1) bamboo SVT shelf with brass inserts (4) bronze spikes & caps
‣ 44mm concave solid aluminum main support columns available in 250/300/350mm lengths (usable interior height 180/230/280mm)
‣ columns in black only
clearance (250 – 70 = 180mm usable height) ‣ 75mm adjustable solid aluminum foot/cap
‣ specify aluminum or stainless steel
Bamboo, lauded by many as the “Material of the Future”, is perfect for the manufacture of Quadraspire furniture.With its high tensile strength and vibration suppressing qualities, it further improves sound quality over traditional MDF. Its natural beauty, sustainability and eco-friendliness are sure to please discerning audiophiles and environmentalists alike.
‣ single wide equipment rack solution
Modular Equipment Racks
$219.00 – $279.00
and chamfered shelves resist standing waves and reduce resonance
‣ single wide upgraded rack solution
216mm (8.5”), 256mm (10”), 326mm (12.75”)
$449.00 – $549.00
SV2T standing waves and reduce resonance
‣ vents for reduced mass and increased airflow ‣ shelves attached columns via brass inserts, all designed to reduce resonance and dissipate energy away from your components ‣ non-ferrous construction eliminates RF interference
‣ double wide upgrade equipment rack solution ‣ identical to SVT except for dimensions
‣ configures identically to SVT
$799.00 – $949.00
Wall Shelves & Component Isolation
‣ wall mounted equipment shelf
‣ great for turntables
or solid bamboo, please specify
‣ isolation platform for sensitive analog or digital source components
‣ great for turntables, CD players, DACs. line stages, phono stages, etc.
‣ 10kg. (22lb.) weight capacity
The Quadraspire Method
As beautiful from below as it is from above.
For 20 years, Quadraspire has crafted modular furniture systems around a lightweight, rigid design philosophy.The concept is simple- create furniture that looks appealing and heightens the performance of HiFi audio systems. Doing that, while offering quality UK manufacturing and reasonable prices, is what Quadraspire is all about.
Quadraspire continues to please the eye and delight the ear.
Step One: Choose your performance level. Q4 Evo (good), SVT/2T (better), X-Reference (best). Splitting your equipment across multiple racks can improve performance (sources and preamps in one, amplification and power in another). Each individual rack requires a foot/cap set for the bottom shelf. Keep racks as short as possible for maximum stability.
Step Two: Decide how many shelves you need per complete rack. Each component should have a shelf, if possible. Columns should be selected to allow proper space for ventilation and isolation from stray RF and other electronic noise. Be mindful that components with fixed cabling may limit space between shelves.
Step Three: Pick the shelf color or material, and hardware color. Bamboo shelves are slightly thicker than standard Q4 Evo, and slightly thinner than standard SVT/2T. Bamboo offers higher performance because of its low mass, high rigidity and naturally anti-resonant character. Due to the nature of real wood, finish can vary slightly shelf to shelf, and will change with age.
Step Four: You are ready to build! This might be a good time to consider performance additives such as the Bronze Upgrade kit or QX7 isolators. X-Reference performance can be further optimized with optional stainless steel or aluminum locators.