THE NEW OMEGA FLAGSHIP MONITOR, the Super Alnico High Output Monitor with OMEGA SYNERGY DRIVE.
Shown above in Level 2 Ebony on Skylan Stands
The Super Alnico High Output Monitor builds on the mesmerizing performance of the cult object Super Alnico Monitor taking the legendary Omega sound to the next level.
The Super Alnico High Output Monitor is not a 2 way design, but a 1.5 way design.
What separates it from a 2 way design?
- The drivers are identical except for the dustcap of the low frequency (LF) driver.
- There is no power sucking, midrange muddying crossover.
- The LF driver is cut off at 200Hz, so there is no phase and time misalignment as in a two way speaker.
- The HF driver still functions as a single driver, single point source running full range.
- 2 drivers work less hard as 1 driver.
- Same combined surface area as a 9.5″ single driver.
- Higher efficiency (97dB)
- More dynamic performance than a single driver.
- Will play louder than a single driver.
- Will handle more complex music than a single driver and is just as fast.